According to an analysis by the Pew Research Center, for the first time in more than 130 years, Americans ages 18-34 are more likely to live with their parents than in any other living situation.
Many adult children today fail to launch into independence from parents due to issues such as:
- Substance abuse or addiction including marijuana
- Depression, anxiety or other mood disorders
- Attention deficits or other concentration problems
- Trauma-related or recent severe losses
- Failure to launch, inability to use skills or resources
- Adverse effects of divorce, suicide or long-term illness
- Refusal or inability to make use of help, (oppositionalism, defiance)
If you are struggling to manage your teen or adult child at home, join other struggling parents seeking a better way to manage the difficulties of a family life. Improve communication methods, meet allies, and build a toolkit to open communication and reduce distress and chaos in the family.
Multi-family Support Group, facilitated by Kenneth Perlmutter, an expert in family systems, meets every other Tuesday evenings at Mind Therapy Clinic.
2nd and 4th Tuesday evenings
7:00 - 8:30pm
240 Tamal Vista Blvd., Suite 160
Corte Madera, California 94925