Initially, this program will be available three evenings per week - Tuesdays, Wednesday, and Thursdays from 6pm to 8:50pm at 2299 Post Street, Suite 104B - and is designed to accommodate clients with busy day schedules.
Intensive Outpatient Program helps adults needing a higher level of care in an outpatient setting. These difficulties may include:
- Serious psychiatric symptoms such as depression, anxiety and extreme mood problems
- Substance abuse
- Behavioral issues such as social anxiety, peer difficulties, impulsivity and impaired academic performance
- Difficulty moving forward into mature adulthood
- Disordered eating including distorted body image
- Low self-esteem, self-harm, suicidal thinking
- Family distress
- Interpersonal and childhood trauma (read about Mind Therapy Clinic's Center for Trauma).
The focus for this program is on adults struggling with daily functioning, and multi-disciplined experts will address mental, emotional, physical and spiritual needs for each member during this comprehensive outpatient program. This three-day program (or four-day if combined with the program in Marin) includes:
- One individual psychotherapy session per week (with a psychotherapist with master's level provider or higher)
- Psychiatric medication prescription
- Family sessions (generally bi-weekly)
- Case management services of up to two (2) hours per month. Additional case management for 4 day program
- Family, work, parent consultation
- Psychological testing
Additional specialized services can also be arranged based on need.
For more information contact Amelia Howard-Smith, the new head of our San Francisco IOP Program.