Challenges and Successes in Applying Cognitive Processing Therapy with Christina Valdez, PhD
When: Friday, June 22, 11:30 AM - 1:30 PM
Where: Mind Therapy Clinic, 240 Tamal Vista Drive, Corte Madera CA 94925, Downstairs Classroom
Cost: FREE with no CEs. $25 for 2 CEs.
We'd love for you to join Mind Therapy Clinic's staff at our clinical training June 22. JUST 10 SPACES AVAILABLE. Tea and light snacks will be offered.
Cognitive Processing Therapy for PTSD Treatment
This two-hour presentation on Cognitive Processing Therapy (CPT) introduces participants to the 12-session format of this empirically supported treatment for Post-traumatic Stress Disorder. The theoretical framework of CPT be reviewed and key concepts of CPT will be defined. Participants will engage in experiential exercises to contextualize and practice CPT techniques.
- Describe the theory behind CPT
- Produce an overview of the CPT protocol
- Demonstrate the use of CPT with potential clients
This training is free to clinicians. For 2 CEs, there's a $25 charge. Please bring a check or cash ONLY. Make checks out to Spiritual Competency Resource Center and be sure to note the date on the check's memo line.
About the Presenter
Christine Valdez is a licensed clinical psychologist with expertise in empirically supported treatments for trauma-related issues, including post-traumatic stress, depression, and anxiety. She specializes in individual and group therapy for adults who have experienced interpersonal trauma.
Dr. Valdez primarily practices from a cognitive-behavioral approach and uses a life-span framework to understand how individuals form patterns of thinking about the world and their place within it based on their unique experiences, especially during key developmental periods in their life.
Dr. Valdez has worked with a myriad of diverse clients, receiving advanced graduate training in the Trauma Services Program at the Hines VA Hospital in Illinois, and completing her pre-doctoral clinical internship and postdoctoral clinical and research fellowship at the San Francisco General Hospital/UCSF Trauma Recovery Center.
In addition to her work at the Mind Therapy Clinic, Dr. Valdez is passionate about teaching and research. She is Assistant Professor of Clinical Psychology at CSU Monterey Bay, where she teaches Psychopathology and conducts research on psychological trauma. She regularly publishes peer-reviewed research articles in the area of trauma and post traumatic stress, and uses her scientific knowledge of trauma to inform her clinical practice.
For questions, please contact Jacqueline Perlmutter, Director of Professional Relations, 415-846-8409.
- CE credits for psychologists are provided by the Spiritual Competency Resource Center (SCRC) which is co-sponsoring this program. The Spiritual Competency Resource Center is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. The Spiritual Competency Resource Center maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
- The California Board of Behavioral Sciences accepts CE credits for LCSW, LPCC, LEP, and LMFT license renewal for programs offered by approved sponsors of CE by the American Psychological Association.
- SCRC is approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing (BRN Provider CEP16887) for licensed nurses in California.
- For questions about CE, visit www.spiritualcompetency.com or contact David Lukoff, PhD at CE@spiritualcompetency.com