Learn coping strategies to reduce anxiety and gain insight into behaviors that perpetuate it.
Anxiety Group is a caring and supportive environment where members learn coping strategies to reduce anxiety symptoms, and gain a better understanding of the thoughts, feelings, and behaviors that perpetuate anxiety.
- More effective social skills as a way of reducing anxiety;
- Better coping or anxiety management skills;
- To work through anxiety with the relationships developed within the group.
Positive individual growth requires participation in a larger life with others. The group works to develop an understanding of others, caring communication skills and the steps that can lead to positive growth and new life skills. Group members are challenged to:
- Deepen self-awareness
- Better communicate and improve relationships
- Create structure for daily, short-range and long-range commitments
- Define and create a path toward goal achievement
- Develop effective and creative life skills
- Identify the next step
Questions about Anxiety Group? Ask Amelia.
Fridays, 10:00 to 11:20pm
From time to time, dates and times may change. Check the latest schedule if you are interested in signing up.