Clinician, please join Mind Therapy Clinic staff and Patricia Zurita Oña, PsyD for ACT for Emotion Regulation training event.
- Presenter: Patricia Zurita Oña, PsyD
- When: Wednesday, May 9, 10:30 AM - 12:30 PM
- Where: Mind Therapy Clinic, 240 Tamal Vista Drive, Corte Madera CA 94925, Upstairs Classroom
ACT for Emotional Regulation
ACT is based on the premise that normal cognitive processes distort and enhance the experience of unpleasant emotion, leading clients to engage in problematic behaviors designed to avoid or attenuate those unpleasant emotions. Avoidant behavior patterns can hinder and prevent client movement toward valued goals and place the client in harmful situations. ACT focuses on facilitating the client's movement toward a more valued and personally fulfilling life, in a context in which previously obstructive unpleasant emotions no longer serve as obstructions.
- Conceptualize emotion regulation problems from an Acceptance and Commitment Therapy perspective (ACT)
- Identify specific ACT competences for the treatment of emotion regulation problems.
- Distinguish similarities and differences between ACT and other empirically-based treatments for emotion regulation problems
- Understand the integration of emotion science, affective neuroscience, and acceptance and commitment therapy in the conceptualization and treatment of emotion regulation problems.
- FREE with no CEs. $25 for 2 CEs.
For questions, please contact Jacqueline Perlmutter, Director of Professional Relations, 415-846-8409.
- CE credits for psychologists are provided by the Spiritual Competency Resource Center (SCRC) which is co-sponsoring this program. The Spiritual Competency Resource Center is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. The Spiritual Competency Resource Center maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
- The California Board of Behavioral Sciences accepts CE credits for LCSW, LPCC, LEP, and LMFT license renewal for programs offered by approved sponsors of CE by the American Psychological Association.
- SCRC is approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing (BRN Provider CEP16887) for licensed nurses in California.
- For questions about CE, visit www.spiritualcompetency.com or contact David Lukoff, PhD at CE@spiritualcompetency.com
- LCSWs and MFTs from states other than California need to check with their state licensing board for approval.